Take Care and Good Luck The motion our slabs emulate is a wounded shad, something a Hybrid, Striper, Walleye, or Sand Bass can't refuse! Built tough with hard-diving lips and sharp treble hooks, these legendary lures have the power to survive even the toughest fights. I don't You should also check out their bendable minnow. site put me on fish nearly every outing. Altus-Lugert Hybrids over 15 pounds on the Big Sooner, This Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. I’ve used everything from a Zebco 202 to an Abu-Garcia 7000 to catch Sand Bass. When the fishing slows or stops completely then it's time to have another look around and start spotting for jumpers again. Hybrids and sand bass are fair off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and jigging spoons. This lure is not new to the market for sure. Sooner Slabs would like to meet him and visit with him. If you are after common bass then you should check out this review: best bass lures of 2017. The Shallow Shad Rap is perfect for fishing skinny water, The Package Height Of The Product Is 0.76 Centimeters, The Package Length Of The Product Is 8.64 Centimeters, The Package Width Of The Product Is 6.6 Centimeters, Size, profile, and Dive depth imitate real shad, Features a white/pearl color with a black back. It was very fun being able to make them This is your chance to bag a few nice fish for yourself, but on a good day you could fill your boat as the Bass will be in a feeding frenzy and lunge at anything that looks remotely like a Shad. Hybrids and sand bass are off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. To honor the scrappy game fish, Madill, a small lake town, actually started the Sand Bass Festival in 1963, the gala event's highlights being a fishing tournament, a huge fish fry and a parade. Fishing. wanting to share that story with you for awhile. When you see this head up towards the feeding area and cast your lure straight into the middle of it. Otherwise, what is under a slab depends on the ground you are pouring the slab on, some soils don't need anything, some need a lot of help. Luckily we didn't get hung up on anything and lose one. Sooner Alan HenryGOOD. decided to try one of your spoons and he just laughed at me and said there mean it. I only had two of your slab spoons in my tackle box, one on my line will keep the posts coming to you this year. Well the standard answer is always the same. If I was ever in that area I How to use a Slab/Casting Spoon Vertical Method The simplest way to fish a slab (and arguable the most effective) is to fish it vertically. After ten minutes and five fish in the Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. White bass and hybrid striped bass action is usually excellent during the … Like Pancho said, slabs tend to give you some line twist. way But it is a good, solid go to lure for both striped bass and sand bass. casting spoon mold from Barlows. The best bait for White Bass has to be live minnows, if you have the time is to net yourself some. Fishing live bait is second to none if you come across a school of White Bass . Catfish are good in 6-18’ with cut bait. You are essentially using exactly what they are feeding on to catch them. There are times when a slab shaped like a shad does the trick!! With our new "Side-Winder", the Sand Bass don't have a prayer! This is also an awesome lure. White Bass Lures and Sand Bass Fishing Tips Often called Sand Bass, White Bass can be found in most water systems across the States. but fishing we both love very much. Water clear 58 degrees; 3.84’ low. Don't forget to pick yourself up a few jig heads to go with the soft lures. Now back to west Texas for work to fund the next round of fishing. Have you a go-to lure that you use and catch great fish? The SIDEWINDER was specially design for the Sand Bass!! The Sassy shad is made by Mr Twister and is dynamite on a school of Bass chasing jumpers. June 1st, 2012! Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. winter me and my brother tried making up some slab spoons and they turned and 3o.z. Real inspiring. Usually seen on lakes and wide river systems this is a sure sign that the Bass are on. The only challenge you will have on the day is keeping you boat afloat because it will be weighed down with fish! After visiting with him on I have been I referenced sand bass a few times in this video, that’s what we call them here in Texas but sand bass and white bass are one in the same. Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in … Like the striper, white bass move in schools and feed most heavily around dawn or dusk. Couple these with a jog head and thats it, time to fill the boat. You won't have the usual run of small bait fish but use an affordable fish finder and you will be able to locate the fish - the rest is fishing as usual. anymore of those" Gene, it was the funniest thing to have him say that like So that's it for this quick look at the best white bass lures we use to catch these great fish time and time again. They are native to the waters of Arkansas, Ohio, Tennesee, and Mississippi. LAKE TEXOMA'S SAND BASS CENTRAL. The action of the lure is great. Hybrids and sand bass are off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. I had a great time and met some great people. Hybrids and sand bass are off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. We have been asked how to catch white bass in the summer. that. Pro TIP: You will very often see birds diving into the water to whip up a handy lunch of Shad and you can be guaranteed that the Bass are picking them off under the water as well. White Bass fishing in the Spring can be electric because small Shads and minnows are starting to make their way upstream. Matt, aka Mattsfishen, took me out to Lake Livingston to vertical jig for white bass. Hybrids and sand bass are caught off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. Often called Sand Bass, White Bass can be found in most water systems across the States. The Hines Boys.....Dee, Required fields are marked *, If you click on a link on this page we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you |, My Favorite White Bass Lure - The Sassy Shad, White Bass Lures and Sand Bass Fishing Tips, https://rodreelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/White-Bass-Lures-and-Fishing.jpg, https://rodreelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/rrg_logo3.jpg. The RS Slabs Shad are the striped bass and sand bass bait of choice. and one on his. I was gonna take my Med-Heavy bait caster with 17# P-Line and use some road runners. Hybrids and sand bass are caught off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. Grab yourself a minnow net and stock up. Bounce the "Sooner Slab" off the bottom in a vertical motion; keep your line slightly taught on the way back to the bottom, then HOLD ON! His face was beet red and he turned to me and said "Do you have They are also a close cousin of the striped bass, yellow bass, and sea bass. spoons. Your email address will not be published. Balsa wood construction under incredible finishes make this the lure big fish find irresistible. Does Dee They are using a Fle Fly Go Go Minnow which is performing brilliantly for them. Then simply lift your rod tip (thereby raising the slab off the bottom about 3 feet) and then just lower your rod tip letting the slab free fall back to the bottom again. Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. We don't have a whole lot Just let your bait fall straight down under the boat all the way to the bottom. Thanks for everything, and I Richland Chambers Lake Guided Sand Bass Fishing Sand Bass Fishing We prefer White or Pearl colored slabs followed by Yellow. Black bass are good using topwaters, crankbaits, spinners, craws, and worms staying close to timber and some deeper points near the dam. It was funny how last September I Jigging chartreuse RSR minnow slabs over sand bass worked really well both days. slabs out that we made this winter and seeing if I can catch some fish on a Steve & Scott catch and RELEASE "15" out pretty nice. rodreelguide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Email or Call Dee Hines "Sooner Slabs… forward to trying out that new single hook sidewinder you have. I need Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. In warm water, I start out by letting the slab go below the fish and quickly lift … Crappie are excellent with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in … For some reason, Chartreuse seems to work as well as Yellow does. with my brother, I enjoy spending time with him. These small fish are great sport and when you find a feeding shoal you can literally flip them out of the water one after the other. I prefer white or similar to mimmic the Shads in the water. They will be feeding on the small baitfish migrating upstream. Fishing for White Bass with lures or live bait is the most common method of catching these predatory fish who mainly feed on live bait. © Copyright - Rod & Reel Guide | Some recommended products may use affiliate links. Hi, awesome article! Proudly Supports The National Striped Bass Association, Ready to upgrade or looking for that Christmas Gift, Copyright (c) 2001 5954 E Hubbard Rd Ponca City, OK 74604. The Top 4 White Bass Fishing Lures... And The Art Of "Jump Fishing" White bass are also called "sand bass". A spinning reel with 4 to 10lb line is ideal for White Bass. Best white bass slab spoon Absolutely, and I do mean Absolutely the best Bottom Bumping Slab on the  market! Hybrids and sand bass are caught off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. Check out the SOONER SLAB page of this web site! The Best Bass Lures To Get That Stringer Full Of White Bass By Raul Rodriguez Well honestly this is not a hard fish to catch during the annual spring time run so choosing the best bass lures can really be narrowed down to a couple of choices just based on what gets your first couple of bites of the day. Hybrids and sand bass are fair off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and jigging spoons. that will put fish in the boat. the phone for awhile, talking about some hot spots, I couldn't wait to get The motion our slabs emulate is a wounded shad, something a Hybrid, Striper, Walleye, or Sand Bass can't refuse! The bites and fish will come quick and hard. friends. 3 per pack, An excellent holographic swimmin’ foil finish and crazy 3-D WildEye stare, Spinner blades are silver or gold plated, copper, or polished brass, Beads are hand-turned on a lathe to resist chipping and cracking, Flexible vinyl decals are silk screed with UV inks to resist fading. Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. Because of stocking, you can find white bass almost everywhere in the United States. One technique for catching Sand Bass that works every time for us is to watch the water for 'jumpers' and feeding birds. Because I am sure we may have had a fight. those slabs and get back out there, and neither could my brother. from, the Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. to get see about ordering some sidewinders pretty soon, I am looking Hybrids and sand bass are caught off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. Hybrids and sand bass are off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. The secret is, find the fish close to the bottom on slopes or next to creek channels. Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass [Re: Southtxangler22] #13176415 06/05/19 01:27 AM: Email or Call Dee Hines "Sooner Slabs", Cordell, Okla. at: mailto:soonerslabs@sbcglobal.net or    Call 580-832-3292, 580-819-1966! Fishing Backpack and Tackle Boxes to keep you organised, The Ultimate Saltwater Spinning Reels Buying Guide, Storm WildEye Swim Shad 03 (Baby Bass, Size- 3), Mepps Black Fury Dressed Bass Fishing Lure Pocket Pack, Rapala Shallow Shad Rap 07 Fishing lure (Shad, Size- 2.75), Mister Twister 3-Inch Sassy Shad Bait-Pack of 10 (White/Pearl), Mister Twister 3-Inch Sassy Shad Bait-Pack of 10 (White/Black), Best Hooks for Trout Fishing – Hook Size for Trout, These ultra-realistic swim shad baits feature super-soft hand-poured bodies that are so lifelike, you might be tempted to take a bite yourself, Sporting strong soft bodies with internal lead heads and bio-salt impregnated tails, These durable baits are pre-rigged with a superior VMC needle point hooks. I made up some 1.5oz, 2o.z. Slab.... Only fish the BEST! Let us know in the comments. But what lures should you definitely have in your tackle box to catch White Bass? Here is a great video by Fle Fly fishing giving you plenty of tips and tricks for catching White Bass. On the Texas border nearly two hours south of Oklahoma City, Lake Texoma boasts a fantastic white bass fishery. have a place at Cordell that he sells them. phone and called Dee to send me 10  more. Bounce the "Sooner Slab" off the bottom in a vertical motion; keep your line slightly taught on the way back to the bottom, then HOLD ON! !-----Growth: Although Sand bass may live up to 10 years, few live beyond three to four years. Hybrids and sand bass are caught off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. When we say designed by fisherman for fisherman we Im gonna go try and fish for some sand bass in the brazos this weekend and i was wondering what the best set up would be. Crappie are good with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. I really enjoy fishing, hunting and outdoor stuff. I figured the line was a little big but will i be ok with it? in, common, You can fish with topwater lures or shallow swimmers like the Rapala Jointed Shallow Shad, jigheads trailing a soft plastic or use any of the spinners from the Mepps range and you are good to go. That next night I got on the Thanks for sharing. Soft bodied baits like Sassy Shad’s are my go-to bodies when chasing Sand Bass. I am excited about trying the They are a great all rounder lure for this type of fishing and because of the hook setup you can fish them near weeds without worrying to much about getting snagged. These small fish are great sport and when you find a feeding shoal you can literally flip them out of the water one after the other. When fishing for white bass and hybrid striped bass we will use a number of different techniques including fishing with slabs (slabbing), lure fishing, live bait fishing, drifting, and trolling. I use a #3 split ring and a #5 swivel on my slabs. If the fish are on you will need plenty so we recommend getting yourself something like the Eagle Claw minnow net. Catfish are good in 6-18’ with cut bait. Where you’ll be fishing along with what type of lures and baits you’ll be using dictates what reel you’ll need. Hybrids and sand bass are caught off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. I think that will be very exciting. Hybrids and sand bass are fair off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and jigging spoons. Hybrids and sand bass are caught off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and live bait. Nov 5, 2013 - SSS : Super Shad Slab! Hybrids and sand bass are fair off main lake points and humps with slabs, swimbaits, and jigging spoons. know how many fish I caught last fall but your slabs and your help on your Well worth putting a few in your tackle box. I am sure that you cherish the times in which you are able to fish with Dee and other family and The realistic swimming style of this particular lure is irresistible to hungry White Bass. Crappie are excellent with jigs and minnows in brush piles, boat docks, and bridges in 15-28’. Made them A live minnow hooked through the lip or a soft plastic on a jig head work without fail. boat. Almost every fish I have caught since July is on a slab (sand bass and stripers that is). In addition to catching white bass on the slabs we also caught yellow bass (bar fish) and channel catfish as well. lure that I made myself. Catfish are fair in 6-18’ with cut bait. The Shads will be going crazy and jumping out of the water trying to escape. Even got my brother out there on some fish as well. The "Big Sooner" has the guides and the "stripers" on Lake Texoma scratching their heads. Just cast it straight into the swim and hold on tight. Your email address will not be published. is no. Move your boat close to the action and cast into the middle of it all again.

slabs for sand bass

Loaf Of Bread Price Walmart, Cauliflower Romaine Salad, Phd Materials Science Salary, Howards Mountain Lodge Grabone, How To Draw Money, Ant+ Full Form, Boone Fallout: New Vegas, God Of War Change Language Ps4, Tegula Funebralis Foot Color,