Comando Profano. Modern Masters 2015 is clearly different from a normal set, so I’m going to review things a little differently. Risky on efnet and most major Magic forums On the flip side, he could have been more explicit and named the targets. Bojuka Bog Worldwake (C) (1336 cards, 1021 distinct) - Recurring Nightmare, Primal Vigor, Prismatic Vista, Primordial Hydra, Ramos, Dragon Engine, Questing Beast, Rankle, Master of Pranks • Up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. Riki dissects the infamous “Profane Command bluff” and introduces a few other interesting plays for discussion. It targets a player, which means that if you so choose, you can target yourself and nuke all of your creatures. (They can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or black creatures.). If X is 6 or more, those permanents are 4/4 creatures in addition to their other types. I asked “Before damage on the stack?” because every creature that he ate before damage went on the stack was irrelevant; it kept our creatures growing at the same pace. Try your best to be a sincere and genuine Player. • Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. *Combine very well with Profane Command. Wayne England 2043 x 1477. Since Westvale Abbey is a land, which is neither legendary nor a creature, neither Westvale Abbey nor Ormendahl, Profane Prince can be your commander (not that you’d be able to cast Ormendahl from the command zone anyway). Everything was above the board and by the rules. On the illegal side would have been anything implying that Chameleon Colossus was a target of Profane Command, or that it had acquired fear. The X equals 6. I got him to jump the gun on his pumping, which managed to confuse him enough off of the correct play. Magic The Gathering, magic cards, singles, decks, card lists, deck ideas, wizard of the coast, all of the cards you need at great prices are available at Cardkingdom. Player B lets it resolve and when Player A goes to draw two cards, Player B points out that the only mode on Esper Charm that targets is the discard, hence A was targeting himself with that mode. 2. This document was made possible by the following - President PewDiePie and President Epicdude232323 Revision 1.08 Section 1: Rules Applying to all Staff Expected to work as a team to … Consider another similar case where the Lavalanche player thinks the spell is a Starstorm plus Lava Axe instead of a Flame Wave. It is less than 100% clear, but I would say that it is clear enough as most reasonably experienced players would take the statement as “all of my creatures that are legal targets gain fear.” No part of the statement implies that the illegal target has fear. • Up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. 3. I will still establish some rules to keep it somewhat fair, so that every deck has a chance. Going back to the Profane Command, was Chapin ambiguous? If there is some reason for you to target yourself, you should definitely specify such an unusual play (“I’ll Lavalanche myself for 2″). Dread Return Time Spiral (U) Sorcery $0.79 . • Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. The value chosen for X applies to each X in the spell’s effect. Profane Command Sorcery. He hears Al Michaels shouting in his head (“Do you believe in miracles? As a Judge, do you let the player make the painfully obvious correct play, or do you hold him to what his actions appeared to show? Still, one of the hallmarks of these judge talks is that I try to hammer home the point that Judges are not required to make correct plays for players, or assume that they made the optimal play. Until next time this is Riki Hayashi telling you to call a Judge. The X equals 6. Use the boards for extended discussion. Ignore the targeting requirements for modes that aren’t chosen. My main issue is the potential for ambiguity; the entire play depends upon it. If at any point during this sequence, if the opponent had any questions regarding the ambiguous nature of the statement, he could have saved himself the game. What would have happened if a Judge had been called? Choose two — • Target player loses X life. Rules for comments. 4. Choose two — • Target player loses X life. Let’s take a look at another card that might open the door to ambiguity. • Up … To be absolutely clear insofar as the rules are concerned, Chapin would have to say, “I will play Profane Command with the modes being life loss and fear. Legends of Runeterra and its respective properties are copyright Riot Games. Unfortunately, the statement was perfectly clear to him, and his incorrect assumption that the Colossus had fear cost him the game instead. Quite frankly, if he had tried, I probably would have let him. I tried to look up some relevant interactions like “destroy target creature with fear” but didn’t come up with anything. If you’re a fan of the rules of the game, you know how wordy they can be, and I don’t think there is anyone out there who wants to go through an entire tournament playing the game exactly as it is written out in the rules. • Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. The player’s answer is clear enough. It’s not so much that I think it is dirty or underhanded (although some people do think this). Looking a bit confused, he did eat a creature before damage on the stack. Magus of the Coffers Planar Chaos (R) 4/4 Cr - Human Wizard $6.49 . Then he ate a second creature. Sorcery. Rules: Choose two - Target player loses X life; or return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to play; or target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn; or up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. Profane Command Sorcery Choose two Target player loses X life; or return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to play; or target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn; or up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. • Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. No filling out stupid boxes with words that people can simply just bypass. He acknowledged this and started to move his creature to the graveyard. I checked Gatherer for Austere Command, Cryptic Command, Incendiary Command, Primal Command, and Profane Command; only Cryptic has the ruling, "You choose both modes as you cast Cryptic Command. There won’t be fundamentally broken decks. • Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. Yes!”) until the Lavalanche player points out that his creatures are dead too. Second, this is a linked ability, so the cards have to be in exile due to the activated ability. Despite the clear legality, there are plenty of players, myself included, who would probably never make a play like this. • Target player loses X life. While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and don'ts in EverQuest, it provides a suitable foundation by … One way to read this is that he is targeting all of his own creatures that he can legally target, putting the emphasis on “my.” Saying “legal targets” also excludes Chameleon Colossus since its protection from black makes it an illegal target as we now clearly know. What about inclusion in the 99 cards of any other commander deck? Customers who purchased Lorwyn: Profane Command also bought... Phyrexian Reclamation Urza's Legacy (U) Enchant $4.49 . Remember that you are part of a Community of Players, all with unique Thoughts and Feelings. Profane Command from Lorwyn for . The Magic: The Gathering World Championships (Worlds) have been held annually since 1994. More Info: For special rulings visit the Gatherer page. The Riki Rules: Profane Bluffs. The crux of his play is that he said, “Profane Command, you lose 6 life and all my legal targets gain fear.” He then attacked with all of his creatures, including a Chameleon Colossus that did not have fear due to being an illegal target for Profane Command because of protection from black. Anything that leaves or does not make it into the zone will not be counted. I suppose it’s possible that my reputation as a Judge got him to not even try to pump his creature after combat. Profane Procession " "exiled with" wording means two thing: First, that the permanent in question is in the exile zone. Keep your comments focused on the release. Profane Command. And what if Chapin’s opponent had six legal targets of his own on his side? Primal Command Lorwyn (R) Sorcery $1.49 . This time he correctly states the opponent as the target (thinking it is just for the Lava Axe), then incorrectly starts to put his creatures into his graveyard (because of the assumption of Starstorm). Sentinel of the Eternal Watch Ray of Command Pestilence Rite of the Raging Storm Manaplasm. And if the opponent had four or more creatures, bringing the total number of legal targets to seven or greater, that would leave some ambiguity about which six of those creatures were granted fear by the Profane Command. He did not because he was laying a trap, trying to get his opponent to think that the Colossus had fear. This is open to some interpretation. Maybe the above is a bit of a stretch. “Go” means “I am passing priority through the rest of my turn unless you do something.” Without shortcuts, every match would go to extra turns. Lavalanche, one of the most devastating Limited spells in the format, has but one target. • Up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. I used to play Magic, had an Elves birds of paradise/llanowar elves deck, then had one of those Green-White-Black decks with birds, kitchen finks, path of exile, profane command, troll ascetics...etc. It was only FNM after all, and I’m not a heartless bastard (shut up, Eric). It’s actually pretty simple. Return up to X target artifact and/or non-Aura enchantment cards each with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. This bot removes unwanted language and images - giving you more time to focus on engaging your server and less on moderating.With Profanity Blocker, every piece of user-generated content is scanned by our intelligent engine which scans English words for profane words. As a player, you can protect yourself against such devious mind tricks from Jedis like Patrick Chapin by asking for clarification. Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. Primal Command . Yes, the rules allow this. It is pretty much implied that when you “Lavalanche for 5,” you are targeting your opponent. There were certainly some ways that he could have phrased this that would have been flat out illegal. Magic: The Gathering and its respective properties are copyright Wizards of the Coast. 3 Arcane Sanctum; 4 Cloudpost; 4 Glimmerpost; 3 Island; 2 Plains; 2 Salt Marsh; 2 Scoured Barrens; 2 Sea Gate Wreckage; 2 Swamp; Sideboard 15. Choose two — I won the battle, and went on to win the game and match thanks to a large and unopposed Rockslide Elemental. “We’re done with combat then?” I asked. • Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. • Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. I believe he had less than six creatures on the board at the time; the version I read puts it at Chameleon Colossus, Cloudthresher, and two Wilt-Leaf Lieges. I’m not going to get too deep into this tangent, although if you’d like to talk about it in the forums, I’m game. Could it be interpreted that Chapin is targeting six of his opponent’s creatures to gain fear, leaving his army fearless (without fear)? 2015-02-25: You can choose a mode only if you can choose legal targets for that mode. Oh, and you take 6. My opponent looked thoroughly confused. If the spell or ability uses the word “target” in multiple places, the same object, player, or zone can be chosen once for each instance of the word “target” (as long as it fits the targeting criteria).”. *Go infinite. • Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. As a Judge, I prefer–almost require–perfect clarity in my games. Choose two — Target player loses X life. It is the most important tournament in the game of Magic: The Gathering, offering cash prizes of up to $100,000 to the winners.With the exception of the first edition, Worlds is an invitation-only event, and from 1996 to 2011 World was the last event of each Pro Tour season. • Up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. The best anti swear and image moderation bot that checks what is sent in your server channels. Once modes are chosen, they can’t be changed. Dictado profano. Set: Planechase Type: Sorcery Rare Cost: {X}{B}{B} Choose two — • Target player loses X life. Our Image Moderation technology removes adult content in images a… In addition to the Rules of Conduct listed in section 1.0, players are also subject to these supplementary guidelines while playing EverQuest. It worked and he won the game. He could put first strike damage on the stack, then eat something to survive the damage and be able to hit back in regular damage to kill my Rockslide. He agreed and I said, “Then your Thrinax is dead.” I went over the fact that they were the same size, yet my creature lived due to first strike. (They can't be blocked … Well, here the back face does matter. All Rights Reserved. Japjedi47 on AIM, ChannelFireball - Magic: The Gathering Strategy, Singles, Cards, Decks. In this case, the answer is in the wording of the card. A spell or ability can’t be played unless the required number of legal targets are chosen for it. Several Judges have chimed in on this subject already, including the Justice League’s Nicholas Sabin. Don't post randomness/off-topic comments. Rockslide got a counter. Riki dissects the infamous “Profane Command bluff” and introduces a few other interesting plays for discussion. Already there are some dissatisfied readers out there, so we’ll get into why. • Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. That’s about the best “tricky play” that I can make as a Judge. Discuss! (They can't be bl He plays Lavalanche without declaring a target and starts to put his creatures into the graveyard. 1. © 2018 by Cards Realm. Similarly, when trying to choose his blockers, his opponent could have asked a clarifying question like “Does this creature have fear?” Again, Chapin would have been forced to tell the truth about the Chameleon Colossus not having fear. We talked about his [card]Profane Command[/card] bluff, and I thanked him for respecting the rules of the game while trying to get an edge. Sworn to Darkness is a 100 card Commander preconstructed deck, featured in Commander 2014. My point was to get in a quick Al Michaels “Miracle” reference. By Riki Hayashi / May 4, 2009 October 11, 2019. If he had more than six legal targets at the time, there would be a problem with his statement because it would not be clear which creatures were being targeted. Affinity won’t have Skullclamp, and I’m not going to build Broken Jar—4 Tinker, 4 Memory Jar, and 4 Mana Vault in the same deck is just wrong. He stopped for just a moment, possibly thinking that he could get in one last pump to save his guy, but the fact that he played a creature shut the door on that possibility in his mind. By Riki Hayashi / May 4, 2009 October 11, 2019. Rules: Sets: Trivia: Random card: 348 illustrations Page / 6 ... Cryptic Command . The Riki Rules: Profane Bluffs. • Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. Finally, he stopped eating creatures, we went to damage, and then he immediately played a creature after combat. The Rules and Regulations are subjected to change without notice. Rikipedia at Gmail dot profane But that leaves the ambiguity still in play. (They can't be … In this case, “all my legal targets” is open to some interpretations and it is conceivable that a player might, for whatever reason whether strategically valid or not, target his opponent’s creatures to gain fear. Don’t be a troll. The first question is simple and straightforward: is what Patrick Chapin did legal? If the opponent had asked a simple question like “Are you targeting Chameleon Colossus?” Chapin would have been forced to show his hand and admit that he was unable to target his Colossus. Of course, there are other interpretations of “all your target are belong to us” –I mean “all my legal targets.” Chapin could be saying that all legal targets available to him gain fear (de-emphasizing the “my”), which could include his three creatures and any of his opponent’s creatures. ... Imperial Recruiter Profane Command Tarmogoyf Meloku the Clouded Mirror Moat Dragonlord Atarka Nostalgic Dreams by ducks_aeterna Yawmgmoth's Will ... Checklist cards that include the complete rules text from both faces for easy drafting. Rob Alexander 985 x 635. Choose two —. Wayne England 2048 x 1484. I’ll agree with the general sentiment that what Chapin said was legal. Before I sign off today, I want to throw out one other scenario for discussion that I may use in a future article. Commander (2020 Edition) releases on May 15, 2020. Profane Command • Target player loses X life. About a month ago, Patrick Chapin’s “Profane Command bluff” got a lot of press over on SCG in no less than four different articles. Sorcery. Given the option of giving your creatures or your opponent’s creatures fear, it is obvious which it is going to be, especially at sorcery speed on your turn since fear is only relevant on an attacking creature. Incendiary Command . Here, the player’s actions show one thing (that he is targeting himself), but he claims another after the fact. This doesn’t happen very often. Dance of the Manse. Profane Command. Now what? Island . The main complaint is that what Chapin said does not conform with the rules for playing spells and activated abilities (Comprehensive Rules 409), specifically: “409.1c If the spell or ability requires any targets, the player first announces how many targets he or she will choose (if the spell or ability has a variable number of targets), then announces his or her choice of an appropriate player, object, or zone for each of those targets. Always remain respectful, mindful and considerate of other Players. Chapin’s rules knowledge isn’t spectacular, and because of that he is prone to making mistakes like the Counterbalance issue at GP Chicago. With X >= 4, you can return Xiahou Dun as one of the modes and kill a creature or Drain a player as the other, then sac Xiahou to get the Command back. • Up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. • Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. The Roblox Hospital Rules and Regulations These are the official rules and regulations of the Roblox Hospital signed by the President. To be absolutely clear insofar as the rules are concerned, Chapin would have to say, “I will play Profane Command with the modes being life loss and fear. Ancient Amphitheater . This doesn’t mean that I can’t do tricky things or force my opponent into misplays. Rarity, #: R, 135 Card Type: Sorcery Description: Choose two - Target player loses X life, or return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to play, or target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, or up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. They were both the same size (I had to use a removal spell in response to the Thrinax in order to grow my Rockslide up to the same size) when they got into combat and it was unfortunately clear to me that if my opponent knew what to do, I was done for. He’s said one thing (“Lavalanche you”), but his actions seem to indicate that he in Lavalanching himself. You must choose two different modes. Then I think I lost the deck sometime ago, or someone stole it, … Wayne England 2046 x 1477. Thus, we can construct the phrase “all my legal targets” as meaning “all of my creatures that I can legally target,” or in this case Cloudthresher and two Wilt-Leaf Lieges. The opponent says nothing and leaves his creatures on the board. Rockslide got a counter. There are several combos that go infinite with Xiahou Dun. Even though him playing a creature pretty well established that, I wanted him to confirm the game state–make sure things were clear. Warren Mahy 1200 x 924. Never harass, bully, or otherwise intentionally cause grief to other Players. [decklist] Title: Shuhei Nakamura's Black-Green Elves Format: Pro Tour-Hollywood 2008 3 Forest 4 Gilt-Leaf Palace 4 Llanowar Wastes 4 Mutavault 2 Pendelhaven 2 Swamp 4 Treetop Village 1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth 2 Boreal Druid 3 Civic Wayfinder 4 Imperious Perfect 4 Llanowar Elves 4 Tarmogoyf 4 Wren's Run Vanquisher 4 Garruk Wildspeaker 3 Nameless Inversion 4 Profane Command … • Target player loses X life. Be respectful! Jokes are fine, but don't post tactless/inappropriate ones. “All my creatures gain fear,” or “fear my team,” would be examples of illegal statements. It’s back to judging. I will target you with the life loss, and target Cloudthresher and the two Wilt-Leaf Lieges with the fear.” It would seem that Chapin did not “announce how many targets he or she will choose” when he said “all my legal targets.” From the “6 life” we can assume that the X being chosen for the spell is 6, probably all of the mana available to him along with the BB. Thrinax got a counter. Cards similar to Profane Command: View More / Advanced Search Options. You pay only once. What then? It is monocolor black.1 1 Decklist 2 New cards 3 Double-faced tokens 4 References The new cards in the deck are: Demon of Wailing Agonies Flesh Carver Ghoulcaller Gisa Infernal Offering Malicious Affliction Necromantic Selection Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath Overseer of the Damned Raving … The same target can’t be chosen multiple times for any one instance of the word “target” on the spell or ability. It’s back to judging. Player A plays Esper Charm “targeting myself” he says. The forums erupted, and it sparked a nearly month long debate on the legality/ morality of the play and the relative value of such Jedi mind tricks. Instead we have shortcuts to get us through the night. Silumgar's Command rulings: 2015-02-25: You choose the two modes as you cast the spell. The classic case of this is how we do not say “pass” every time we pass priority in a turn. I will target you with the life loss, and target Cloudthresher and the two Wilt-Leaf Lieges with the fear.” That’s a mouthful though. At a recent FNM, I had a Rockslide Elemental that got into a fight with a Scarland Thrinax. You must choose two different modes." Sorcery . Thrinax got a counter. Wayne England 1182 x 854. The X equals 6. The Card Image Gallery is updated every day with the latest card previews. Up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. 1 Profane Command Lands 24. Shriekmaw Lorwyn (U) 3/2 Cr - Elemental $0.49 . I had one chance when my opponent went to go eat a creature. Now let’s say that we have a player that hasn’t read his Lavalanche too carefully and thinks that it targets the player for damage and deals damage to all creatures in play. So Patrick Chapin used a shortcut: “All my legal targets.” What does that mean? His opponent tried to find a block that kept him alive, but because he thought that Colossus had fear, he could not find the game-saving block. Obviously there is a problem here, and it usually results in a Judge getting involved. Don't get in arguments with people here, or start long discussions. Profane Command: Choose two - Target player loses X life, Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from The Planeswalker's graveyard to the battlefield, Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, Up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. • Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. All the community rules apply here. Profane Command . If that's a general rule for modal spells, why don't the other Commands have it under their Gatherer entries?

profane command rules

Saanvi Meaning In Kannada, Bass Fishing Forums, Beneficios Del Tamarindo Para El Hígado, What Do Queen Angelfish Eat, Examples Of Justice In Dentistry, Craft Scissors For Fabric, Disaster Capitalism Puerto Rico,