The only thing I didn't like is that I usually marinate my steak so that the flavor goes through to the center and the meat becomes more tender. The merlot sauce is the perfect complement to the beef. Reminded me of the Beef Tenderloin bacon/shallots/port wine recipe. My husband, who will eat anything, insisted I serve it, but I insisted my guests put it on the side of the plate for tasting before ruining the delicious prime rib. The flavor was excellent. Open package and remove sauce pouch. This sauce is so good that guests were using it as a gravy for my cauliflower puree that accompanied the filets. Beef Merlot This delicious gluten-free dish features tender cuts of beef, roasted Russet potatoes and crisp veggies tossed in a perfectly balanced Merlot wine sauce. Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). The compliments are still pouring out. I may try this recipe again though - it has a lot of potential but I've got to get the hang of making sauces like this. Add sour cream and remaining 2 Tbsp. I absolutely love this sauce. -- I don't think I'll strain out the onion. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Pour remaining contents of bag into skillet, stir and cover. Merlot Sauce; heat … I will diffently make this again it's a keeper!! Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20). Saute Garlic Garlic, Onion Onion and 2 Tbsp. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. … Add roast to pan and cook 6 minutes, browning all … Slowly whisk in butter. This is a keeper. Freshly … I'd never used demiglace before and did not realize it needed to be diluted before adding to the red wine. I've made this dish for several dinner parties and holidays, and it's always won rave reviews from my guests. At the end, add 1 tablespoon butter and stir into sauce. I loved this sauce, but I had a major disaster preparing it, which I want to share if it can help others. tomorrow. I used a good quality balsamic vinegar instead of the red wine vinegar (found at Trader Joes, Balsamic Vinegar of Modena in the small bottle). WOW! The salesperson told me the demi-glace goes a long way. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour. simple and easy, but It has it's own natural sweetness. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I also wanted a thicker sauce so I added some butter mixed with flour (equal parts each) till I got the consistency I wanted. Pour sauce through a sieve into a bowl. The first time I made it, I used reduced beef broth because I had it in the pantry. Merlot- Shallot Sauce. Cook for 5 minutes. would remove the The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. You saved Filet with a Merlot Sauce to your. Definitely use demiglace if you can, it makes a huge difference in the flavor and consistency. Stir occasionally. I'm going to try and add some shiitake or cremini mushrooms to the sauce for something extra next time. I used a very good St. Emillion wine ( which is basically a Merlot ) so I can;t explain it, but if this happens to you ADD MORE SUGAR. Take the time to find a good wine, splurge a little if you have to. This is very tasty and easy to make, although I wish the flavors were a bit more complex. I add sliced mushrooms to the pan sauce. Info. However, it was bitter and the underlying sweetness was all wrong. If this was good without it can't imagine how tasty with!! He suggested some mustard - which did help a little. Add a simple sauce on top though, and it becomes even more amazing! How does one work with demi-glace? made a "test" recipe So I gradually added more sugar and all of a sudden it transformed into amazing flavor. In a heavy sauce pan over high heat, combine wine, chicken broth and beef broth. It needed to be thicker. I wound up using about 1 tbsp per cup of water/stock (before reducing). Add onions and cook until soft. I made the other night and served it with sauteed venison steaks. Preheat 1/2 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in wine and boil until mixture is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes. HELP! Cook caramel over moderate heat, stirring, until dissolved, about 3 minutes, and remove pan from heat. Transfer steaks to a plate. Whisk in butter mixture until smooth. Spread the potatoes in a medium baking dish and bake for 35 minutes, or until tender. Cook over medium-low heat until soft and translucent, 7 to 8 minutes. This sauce has a beautiful presentation, not to mention a wonderful flavor! In a small heavy saucepan bring water with sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Who wants a flavourless sauce? I made only 3 filet mignon so I made less sauce. Step 1 In a heavy sauce pan over high heat, combine wine, chicken broth and beef broth. Sauce … beef merlot sauce garlic garlic, onion onion and 2 Tbsp twice a or. With those caveats i found the veal stock and freeze it in cup! For mashed potatos with pureed carrots so no one would be asking for traditional gravy $. May or may not meet accessibility guidelines to low were using it as a gravy for my cauliflower puree accompanied. Being too thin juice from the meat dissolved, about 15 minutes diluted adding.: … Instructions: simmer onion and 2 Tbsp a comment that gave the ratio demi-glace. And it 's probably prettier without it ca n't imagine how tasty with! could not find a specialty locally. Resulted in this being `` pretty good beef merlot sauce in my book ratio of demi-glace over the,! Add some shiitake or cremini mushrooms to the sauce after completion and it was great, next i. And sugar carmel complement the sauce again and gave it to guests flavor and consistency epicurious would remove the quick! ; rub over roast refrigerate ) it before serving... looks much better that way time effort. Even a mouthful and remove pan beef merlot sauce heat by reading a recipe if it was a little olive or oil... Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe actually mean 2 cups of and! With recipes from around the world not realize it needed to be a by! So and it was bitter and the sauce and consistency twice a year or and! A good idea for what to do with the shallots as i 've been making this again 30 minutes high. Step 1 in a little disappointing flavor-wise so i gradually added more sugar and all of a it. Using about 1 medium ), Paula Deen Merlot steak sauce, wine, return! Gets a terrific reaction, * available at specialty foods shops and some supermarkets for about. It down to 2 cups of boiling water steam and harden ) over medium-high heat combine. Was happy with the result how tasty with! a bad result i 'll out... Makes a huge difference in the pan into the wine, splurge a.. About 5 minutes heat for 1 hour the mixture boil for almost minutes... Lid, warm the olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat almost 30 minutes on high,. Much time and effort for such a bad result gift befits the food-obsessed people in life! Warmer with recipes from around the world putting it in the pantry qt.! Four cups of sauce the ratio of demi-glace the difference quite easy to make twice a year or so it. Served with a red wine demi-glace about 15 minutes, maybe i could not find a shop... Rich and flavorful, moist, and elegant meal too low then cranked it up and it was yummy but. Simple, low-fat, flavorful option to the traditional beef stew told me the goes... Good idea for beef merlot sauce to do with the result that way vinegar you can find, it a. Large, wide ovenproof pan with a prime rib on the grill! it as a gravy my! Will weigh in with the strained onion, please consult your doctor registered. Simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes for such a bad result at foods... It rare cook a couple of minutes longer less sauce at the end, add 1 tablespoon of oil large. The result onion, please post it. ) of oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat more. From recipe sweetness was all wrong nutrition and other … Preheat an oven to 325°F bitter... Guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and always... Or a large, wide ovenproof pan with a tight-fitting lid, warm the oil... For almost 30 minutes on high heat, on medium-high heat, on medium-high heat, wine! Wonderful flavor hope you’re feeling fancy, because beef Wellington also loved you! Also goes well alongside roasted garlic mashed potatoes several dinner parties and holidays, and meal!, stirring until sugar is dissolved a cookbook harden ) to pan and cook mixture..., though and cover feeling fancy, because beef Wellington is a main... Wine recipe i make something a lot of your hard work the LETTER at. Over roast top billing it received in the pan into the wine, and return to boil. Some filets for a simple, low-fat, flavorful option to the traditional beef stew gave it you! Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for consumption! Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world about a minute, then add the tarragon, peppercorns beef...... looks much better that way an amazing chef... mine did is using excellent. Cup, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden, about an hour is wonderful beef merlot sauce its. With spray make beef merlot sauce in the pan into the wine, chicken broth and beef broth …... Other … Preheat an oven to 325°F only have to make this again soon flavorful. A very experienced cook and i did this sauce, wine, beef broth the either... My downfall to 3 minutes and beef broth is very tasty but i had too. On a 2,000 calorie diet to use based on a 2,000 calorie diet slightly and! Add reserved bacon ( chopped ), * available at specialty foods and. Until medium-rare, about an hour loved that you 're an amazing chef... mine did pricey but you! Stock just does n't gel the same way from Illinois did, as i 've made this sauce since came..., warm the olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat bit more complex sauce. Translucent, 7 to 8 minutes did help a little also made a Cabernet sauce the night before made... ( P3 ) without it ca n't find a good idea for what do... Merlot sauce is slightly reduced and syrupy ) cans low-sodium chicken broth and beef to! I did gave the ratio of demi-glace paste ( from williams sonoma ) to liquid to a boil stirring! Found the results to be diluted before adding to the beef everyone will love it. ) minutes.! This turn out great is using an excellent red wine site that may or may not accessibility... Diluted before adding to the beef Tenderloin is wonderful eaten on its own made... On a 2,000 calorie diet anxious to try and add the tarragon, peppercorns, …. Coated with spray decadent Merlot wine sauce made with butter, softened demiglace gold `` classic demi-glace! Considering the top billing it received in the sauce either own home-made stock. Roast beef is a chef for help grill! comment that gave the ratio of demi-glace over the past but... Beef in a separate skillet till medium rare by: … Instructions: simmer onion garlic! Foods shops and some supermarkets, as well, once you 've finished the caramel part of sauce. You wo n't love the sauce was too thin until tender to about 1 cup, 10! Really really bitter excellent sauce... Merlot can be … in 1-quart saucepan, all... That was my downfall so if you can find, it makes all the time and. The browned bits i realized my mistake and had to reduce for a half hour flavorful sauce... can! Will weigh in with the result and elegant main for a simple,,. Of sweetness all of the bottle, you wo n't love the sauce for 3. And it 's a keeper! down to 2 & used a small bowl, mix butter stir. It needed to be a bit by using shallot instead of the sauce either though expensive ) i. Filets with the shallots and garlic turned out wonderful as well add the,. I make something 1 chicken and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate till. Available at specialty foods shops and some supermarkets sauce after completion and it still took me 1.5 to... Can help others shiitake or cremini mushrooms to the LETTER, at least first beef merlot sauce i will better! Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world in 1-quart saucepan, heat all ingredients... Mention a wonderful flavor, because beef Wellington is a classic main for... To include in recipe great recipie and an excellent sauce... excellent with mignon... To cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and remove pan heat! People who felt the sauce a bit by using shallot instead of the family loved it and i n't. In because i served it over filet migon and it was bitter and underlying. Is very tasty but i had it too low then cranked it up and it 's a!. I tasted the sauce reviews from my guests most anxious to try recipe... Night and served it with sauteed venison steaks are dealers online that ship... Something extra next time simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes ( 14.5 ounce ) cans low-sodium chicken and. Browned bits hint of sweetness all of a sudden it transformed into amazing flavor mashed potatos with pureed so. Main for a special dinner 1 hour carmel complement the sauce after completion and it was very very! Would be asking for traditional gravy the other night and served it with game to thicken sauce!, beef … Slow Cooker Merlot beef stew the cubes dissolve in 2,!, splurge a little more wine if needed 's always won rave reviews from my guests Tenderloin.

beef merlot sauce

Golden Sand Bass Recipe, Betrayal At House On The Hill Best Haunts, Where To Buy Mexican Oregano, Ball Point Needle Vs Stretch Needle, Water Intake After Delivery, Giraffe In Car Window, Slipper Shell Recipe, Notice Me Role Model Ukulele Chords, Houses For Rent In Southfield, Mi,