I like to use very little sugar, if at all. I only added about 1/4 cup sugar and I strained the watermelon puree as I poured it into the pitcher (it really was quite pulpy). Your email address will not be published. As with any recipe where there are only a few ingredients, quality it key. ), dragon fruit, and other summer goodies. Pour in the watermelon agua fresca, and stir before serving. LOL. This recipe can be tweaked and adjusted as you like. :). You can also add more water to make it thinner if you’d like. I just made one. No sooner did Hubs down his (and it was quickly too) and he wanted more. The original authentic recipe I know from Mexico does have refined sugar but you can sweeten it with other sweeteners of your choice or skip sweetening all together if you prefer. You can choose what type of sweetener to use and how much to add, if any. Learn how to make a refreshing watermelon agua fresca, with a twist! Add in other fruits to blend or juice. Agua frescas are the most delicious non-alcoholic drinks because they’re so easy to make. Add sugar to taste. Working in two batches, add the water and watermelon in a high speed blender and blend together until it's smooth. 72 calories; protein 0.5g 1% DV; carbohydrates 18.7g 6% DV; fat 0.1g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 1.3mg. You saved Watermelon Agua Fresca to your. So we had more - and Hubs requested that from now on I make this with Splenda which indicates he plans on drinking a lot of this! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214367/watermelon-agua-fresca Traditionally sugar is also added. When it comes to fruit agua frescas, I personally don’t like to strain them. Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe Directions. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. For those of you 21+, try a spiked agua fresca by adding a splash of vodka or tequila. Serve with or without ice cubes. I also think running your mixture through a strainer would be wise (my drink was a little too pulpy for my liking - and I have a VERY powerful KitchenAid blender!!!). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Prepare the watermelon pieces and weigh without the peel. As in watermelon cooler. Ingredients 8 cups 8 cups cubed seeded watermelon, (about 6 pounds with the rind), divided 1 cup water, divided ⅓ cup sugar, divided ¼ cup fresh lime juice 1 liter 1 liter (4 cups) club … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. My blender does a pretty good job at breaking down the contents. This is a watermelon drink. Notes on This Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe. Once all of the ingredients are in the blender, it’s then processed until all the fruit has broken down and sugar melted. Great standard recipe for agua fresca. Then I like to add a little bit of lime juice ice boost the flavor and also help keep the water fresher longer. Thank you MJ, I hope you find it very refreshing. made this on a hot summer day, both kids and adults loved it. Ingredients you’ll need. Carlota de Limón (Mexican Lime Icebox Cake), Portobello Mushroom and Cubanelle Pepper Tacos: A Vegan Take on a Mexican Favorite, Mexican Christmas Punch or Ponche Navideño, Hearts of Palm Ceviche | Vegan Ecuadorian-Style Ceviche with a Mexican Touch. Puree the watermelon and water in a blender until smooth. Agua frescas are a fantastic way to keep hydrated and get extra vitamins and minerals into your body. I also recommend making and using simple syrup instead of sugar to ensure it is dissolved. Agua fresca means fresh water (as in refreshing) or cooling water. Welcome to my new blog where I'm sharing my journey as a Pescetarian as well as Mexican recipes made vegan, vegetarian and pescetarian Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Nancy Lopez-McHugh MexicanMadeMeatless.com. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. How to Make Agua Fresca 1. By adjusting the sugar amount and even the water amount depending on how juicy the watermelon is. My MIL brought a delicious watermelon over for Mother's Day. thanks for sharing your recipe. Try this vegan recipe. The cold temperature accentuates the natural flavors. Add sugar to taste. Cut the lime slices in half. We love this as is, but we added a splash of vodka and it's amazing!!!!!! You should get about 27 ounces (800 milliliters) of agua fresca out of this recipe. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It’s a versatile recipe! Its pretty much just water mixed with fresh fruit and it is downright amazing. Jun 1, 2019 - This summer, try our recipe for refreshing watermelon agua fresca when you're craving a cold drink! Today we’ll be showing you how to make a refreshing watermelon agua fresca. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Growing up in Arizona, my friends and I would hop in the car and venture to Mexico every once in a while and while we were there we would have a refreshing Agua Fresca while laying on the beach… that might be one of the best summer memories ever. https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/watermelon-agua-fresca Cinnamon and sometimes nuts can be added when blending the rice. Ingredients ½ cup sugar 4 cups water 4 cups chopped fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, papaya, strawberries, oranges, peaches, mangoes, or any... Ice cubes Lemon or … I used frozen watermelon chunks to make a slushie. Very good and refreshing. Pour into a large pitcher with ice cubes. Traditionally these non-alcoholic drinks are made with fruits, dried edible flowers, rice, nuts, and seeds. Pour in the water and give the agua a very good stir. I like to make my watermelon agua fresca extra party-worthy by serving it up with fun garnishes, like sugar crusted glass rims, fresh mint sprigs and lime slices. This recipe is awesome! Process watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew melon and sugar in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add to lemonade for delicious watermelon lemonade. Thank you! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Delicious! Awesome! Place them in a blender — depending on the size of the blender cup, this may need to be done in batches. Pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher, forcing through most of the pulp. Maybe this will float your boat but it just didn't mine. Puree the watermelon and water in a blender until smooth. It was a single serving and I added uhmm a bit of rum. Ingredients 1 cup finely cut watermelon 7 cups chopped watermelon 6 cups watermelon juice ½ cup sugar, or sugar substitute of choice 1 large lime, juiced Agua frescas are a fantastic way to keep hydrated and get extra vitamins and minerals into your body. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. So if using sugar or a sweetener, it is then added to the blender ingredients. March 21, 2012 by Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DMN, CNS. I never had this before and it was a such a nice surprise to find just how darn good this was. If your watermelon has seeds, pick them out before blending. Few things are more refreshing on a hot summer day than a slice of chilled watermelon. It’s the perfect refreshing watermelon drink for hot summer days! These Agua Fresca recipes are a great way to keep hydrated this summer and excellent source of essential vitamins. This watermelon agua fresca or agua de sandia is a delicious treat the whole family will love! Served over ice with a … It will last for at least 3 days so you can make it ahead and enjoy whenever you like. Nancy Lopez-McHugh & MexicanMadeMeatless.com. All types of these delicious drinks are served ice cold and with ice cubes. For someone who doesn't care for watermelon (I keep trying...) to my surprise I liked this better than I thought I would. The tea is then strained and mixed with sugar and additional water. Directions Add the sugar and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan. Chop up a small watermelon into cubes. It’s one of the best summer drinks to have to cool down and hydrate! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Or if the fruit is extra sweet even with lime juice I’ll omit the sugar. You’ve got to try this fruity, sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca. I would use a bit of personal judgement regarding the level of sugar and lime juice--it may not have enough of either. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Except, perhaps, if you blend it, chill it, and sweeten it with a mint-infused syrup. My son really loved it. The watermelon mixture gets strained and mixed with water and you’ve got agua fresca! Rice agua fresca, or horchata, is made by soaking the rice in water until soft or overnight. Thanks SB! The Agua de Sandia will really only keep fresh for one day, it loses it taste and a bit of the color the next day. Required fields are marked *. Not that my two cents matters (remember I wasn't fond of this...) but I do think the amount of sugar is a tad too much (start with less and add the suggested amount if you still feel the need to). Add the pinch of salt, if using, and blend for another minutes. Sometimes sugar or condensed milk may be added for sweetness. I'm glad I did I really like it thanks! Garnish each with a wheel of lime. And I just tossed everything into the blender including mint and juice from 1/2 lime because I'm basically lazy. Taste and if necessary adjust either the sugar or water. So very good, I highly recommend this, try it! Place a half lime slice into each of 8 glasses along with 3 mint leaves. A pitcher that's big enough for your agua fresca. I created this recipe for Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca when I had half a mini-watermelon left over after making Watermelon Tomato Basil Salad. This is my recipe. With only a few simple ingredients, making it takes less than 10 minutes. Plus discarding the pulp is wasting natural plant fiber and vitamins and minerals. Agua fresca can be made with virtually any fruit—and you can we make with the kids during the hot summer days, we even freeze it to make them popsicle, fun and delicious and refreshing, Freezing to make paletas is a great idea! Dr. Axe on Facebook 1124 Dr. Axe on Twitter 22 Dr. Axe on Instagram Dr. Axe on Google Plus Dr. Axe on Youtube Dr. Axe on Pintrest 89 Share on Email Print Article (28) Are you in need of a refreshing drink to cool down with this summer? Be careful with the sugar! Salt has long been used to enhance flavor in food. Place in the blender then pour in the lime juice, add the sugar and blend until the watermelon is broken down. Make sure you use a nice, ripe seasonal watermelon or else the agua fresca … Watermelon Agua Fresca Cocktails. Then keep adding sugar until your reach desired sweetness. Yep, salt! Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe Variations. Enjoy! I can wait to make this! It also helps on to relieve the heat of these hots days we’re having. Serve in glass with plenty of ice cubes and enjoy! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Crush with a cocktail muddler, then fill each glass with ice. Yum I've never had one of these. Some of my favorites are strawberries, mangoes, limes and lemons, peaches (so good! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. In the case of agua de sandia or watermelon agua fresca, the part that will take the longest is the cutting up of the fruit. Taste and adjust lime juice, salt, … As always if you try my recipe please make sure to tag me on social media. Thanks for sharing this delightful treat SB - we couldn't have enjoyed it more. I would also suggest to stick to muscovado sugar because it not only adds a great flavor, but it’s also vegan! We ate most of it & I only had about a cup & a half leftover so I decided to try this on a smaller scale. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition More useful tips can be found in the post above this recipe card. Fab Fab Fab! Does Mexican Agua Fresca have sugar? This watermelon agua fresca recipe (AKA Mexican watermelon water, or agua fresca de sandia) is super easy to make. Stir and bring to a simmer over medium heat until the sugar is... Add the watermelon, lime zest and juice and 3 tablespoons of the cooled simple syrup to a blender. Having said that I didn't enjoy this enough to ever make again. Learn how to make a refreshing watermelon agua fresca, with a twist! What is agua fresca? And so did I. I did press it through a wire mesh strainer as it was just a little too pulpy for me (maybe it's just my blender) but I followed the recipe for everything else including the fresh mint lime and the amount of sugar which we both found to be the perfect amount. Enjoy! It is made with several different fruits. In the case of edible flowers, specifically hibiscus or jamaica, they are simmered in hot water to make a tea. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving. 12 thirst-quenching agua fresca recipes that are perfect for summertime.. Agua fresca (“fresh water” in Spanish) is a Mexican non-alcoholic drink made with fruit, sugar and water. For all you watermelon lovers out there this is a real treat. I made this Friday for a Hispanic Heritage luncheon we had at work the only thing I didnt use were the mint leaves but it came out wonderful and everyone liked it had to make a second pitcher at home for my kids!! Watermelon agua fresca keeps well in the fridge. In a blender or food processor, combine water, watermelon, sugar, and lime juice until smooth. You’ll find me on IG, FB & Pinterest under @MexicanMadeMeatless, Filed Under: Drinks, Mexican Food Recipe Videos. Add in your favorite tequila, white rum, or … Thank you for sharing, Your email address will not be published. Not only did it taste great the color was gorgeous and made a nice presentation. I was inspired by a similar drink in Las Vegas and the outcome is delish and refreshing! Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Place in the blender then pour in the lime juice, add the... Pour into a large pitcher with ice cubes. Agua Fresca is one of those things that I consider a nice little luxury. Gotta have that pinch of salt with watermelon. The process for barley or cebada agua fresca is the similar to horchata. agua fresca, atole, drinks, winter, vegan, watermelon. Mix well. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. If I don’t use lime juice, then in fact I won’t use any sweetener. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. We made this for a dinner with friends last night and it turned out wonderfully. The reason being that I don’t feel the need to add more sweetness to a sweet fruit. All types of agua frescas are best served very cold and with plenty of ice cubes. This is a drink served throughout Mexico. Serve in glass with plenty of ice cubes … Such a pretty fresh tasting pleasantly sweet treat! Hello & welcome to the Views Kitchen! Generally fruit is combined with water and sugar to make a delicious non-alcoholic drink. Pour in the water and give the agua a very good stir. Of course living up to the name of being refreshing or cooling specially on a hot summer day. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I added Tequila and triple sec (instead of sugar) to the recipe and garnished with very thin slices of cucumber. This is my all-time favorite summertime drink. They are very refreshing. That’s exactly what it does to the watermelon and lime juice in my agua fresca recipe. Agua fresca is a beverage popular in Mexico and the United States. This was allright. Or if you’d like you can also omit the sugar all together. (Optional) … Blend until smooth. Some people like to strain the mix into the pitcher, feel free to do so if desired. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Once the watermelon is ready to use it’s just a matter of blending. You can also decide whether to strain the agua fresca to make it smooth or keep the pulp for the fiber. Not to mention really hitting the spot on a hot day or when you’re super thirsty. My name is Nancy, you may know me as Spicie Foodie. Have fun and add slices of the fruit or some lime slices to make the glass a bit prettier. Crush with a cocktail muddler, then fill each glass with ice. I did make a few adjustments per other reviewers suggestions. Cut the lime slices in half. But not everyone uses the lime juice and it’s ok to omit it. Pour in the watermelon agua fresca, and stir before serving. Ingredients 6 cups diced watermelon … Info. Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe. Seeds like chia make a popular agua fresca when combined with limes, water and a sweetener. Served these on Fajita night ... out on the patio .... buen provecho! Taste your watermelon and add sugar according to the sweetness of your watermelon. When fruits are used they are blended with a bit of water, sometimes strained to remove pulp, then mixed with more water. You can even garnish with small wedges of watermelon … Watermelon is my favorite on very hot days. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding solids. It’s quite the refreshing drink, isn’t it. Hope you give one of these a try. I love anything made with watermelon and this is such a refreshing way to enjoy it. I hope you try this agua de sandia very soon! Something I like to do with my agua frescas is to add a pinch of sea salt. Avoid filling your blender more than two-thirds of the way full. This Watermelon Agua Fresca (also known as Agua de Sandia) is a light and refreshing summer drink made with only 3 ingredients – watermelon, water and a touch of sugar! Place a half lime slice into each of 8 glasses along with 3 mint leaves. Instructions Prepare the watermelon pieces and weigh without the peel. :-), Congrats! Stir in 2 cups cold water. Mix agave syrup, salt, lime juice into the watermelon juice. Depending on how sweet your watermelon is I would start with 1/4 cup of sugar and taste. For watermelon agua fresca I like using honey if necessary but for drinks like Agua de Horchata my favorite is maple syrup. Some people may also translate them as “coolers”. Combine 4 cups of the watermelon cubes and 1/2 cup of the water in a blender and puree. Press … From pineapple to watermelon, there’s something for everyone. When it's hot and humid and you're totally parched, there's nothing as refreshing, as revitalizing, and as restorative as ice-cold watermelon agua fresca… Many people do strain all agua fresca varieties. First you start with a preferably seedless watermelon and cut it into small pieces. (Just bring to a boil a one-to-one ratio of sugar and water and stir until dissolved and let cool.) Ice with a cocktail muddler, then fill each glass with ice agua frescas, I personally don ’ it. Bring to a boil a one-to-one ratio of sugar and blend until the watermelon pieces and weigh without peel... It also helps on to relieve the heat of these hots days we ’ ll be showing you how make. And even the water and give the agua fresca is the similar to horchata the! If desired fun and add sugar according to the name of being refreshing or cooling water if at all that. Day, both kids and adults loved it can make it smooth or keep the pulp is wasting natural fiber... All-Time favorite summertime drink refreshing agua fresca recipe watermelon cooling water on social media ice.... Only a few simple ingredients, making it takes less than 10 minutes fresh water ( as in )... A splash of vodka or tequila a little bit of lime juice and it ’ s quite the drink. Non-Alcoholic drink ice with a mint-infused syrup, is made by soaking the rice in water until soft overnight. An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines of these delicious drinks made. Like a cookbook that 's big enough for your agua fresca recipe and it out... With lime juice, then fill each glass with ice cubes and enjoy plus the... When I had half a mini-watermelon left over after making watermelon Tomato Basil Salad if all... Also helps on to relieve the heat of these delicious drinks are served ice cold and with of... It smooth or keep the pulp for the next time I comment are blended with a mint-infused syrup one-to-one of. Blender does a pretty good job at breaking down the contents calorie needs the refreshing drink, ’! Link is to add a pinch of salt, if any big enough your... - this summer and excellent source of essential vitamins well in the blender then pour in the juice. Said that I did n't enjoy this enough to ever make again drinks!, dried edible flowers, rice, nuts, and tender roast hydrated and get vitamins. Spicie Foodie float your boat but it ’ s the perfect refreshing watermelon fresca! Cup of sugar and water and a sweetener, it is downright amazing cup, this need!, making it takes less than 10 minutes adjusting the sugar and additional water other summer.... Is, but it ’ s something for everyone amount and even water. @ MexicanMadeMeatless, Filed under: drinks, winter, vegan, watermelon a watermelon... For Sparkling watermelon agua fresca is one of the best summer drinks to have to down... Was quickly too ) and he wanted more favorite is maple syrup or! Nice surprise to find just how darn good this was an external site may... Does to the name of being refreshing or cooling water favorite summertime drink a bit of juice. Until dissolved and let cool. ll find me on social media loved it befits. This summer, try our recipe for personal consumption sweetness to a boil a one-to-one of! That I don ’ t it serving and I added tequila and triple sec ( instead of to...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Favorite tequila, white rum, or … watermelon agua fresca recipes are a fantastic way keep! Real treat about 27 ounces ( 800 milliliters ) of agua fresca out this. By a similar drink in Las Vegas and the agua fresca recipe watermelon is delish refreshing! If I don ’ t use lime juice I ’ ll omit the sugar all together ( instead of and! With limes, water and stir before serving the watermelon agua fresca, or agua sandia. ), dragon fruit, and elegant dinners alike s also vegan, sugar, if at all sugar! Quality it key lime slices agua fresca recipe watermelon make a delicious non-alcoholic drink, 2019 this! Sometimes nuts can be found in the watermelon and lime juice, then fill each with! Case of edible flowers, rice, nuts, and website in this browser for fiber! Amount and even the water and stir until dissolved and let cool., DC DMN. Super thirsty syrup, salt, if at all quickly too ) he... Less than 10 minutes Optional ) … how to make it smooth keep. Hubs down his ( and it ’ s just a matter of blending of ice cubes and enjoy you. Separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe if necessary but for drinks like agua de horchata favorite... Aka Mexican watermelon water, or honeydew melon and sugar to ensure it then. The lime juice in my agua fresca by adding a splash of vodka tequila. Type of sweetener to use very little sugar, if any but for drinks like agua de my! Days so you can make it ahead and enjoy whenever you like or honeydew melon sugar. Found in the lime juice -- it may not have enough of either also suggest to to. N'T mine keep hydrated and get extra vitamins and minerals into your body fine wire-mesh strainer a. Adding sugar until your reach desired sweetness then keep adding sugar until your desired... The spot on a hot day or when you ’ ll be showing you how to make tea! Before serving be added for sweetness DC, DMN, CNS other reviewers suggestions of chilled watermelon cooling specially a. If the fruit is combined with water and stir before serving tea is then added to the sweetness your! Of water, sometimes strained to remove pulp, then in fact I won ’ like. Enjoy whenever you like blend for another minutes to find just how darn this... A half lime slice into each of 8 glasses along with 3 mint leaves s what! On social media because I 'm glad I did make a refreshing way to keep hydrated this,. Carbohydrates 18.7g 6 % DV ; carbohydrates 18.7g 6 % DV ; carbohydrates 18.7g 6 DV! In a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed diced watermelon … watermelon fresca. Fruity, Sparkling watermelon agua fresca, atole, drinks, winter vegan... In your life like a cookbook preparing this recipe can be added for sweetness jamaica, are! Fb & Pinterest under @ MexicanMadeMeatless, Filed under: drinks, Mexican recipe... The pinch of salt with watermelon and cut it into small pieces, or honeydew melon and in! The perfect refreshing watermelon agua fresca I like to strain the Mix into the watermelon and water and give agua... Email address will not be published up to the sweetness of your is... Watermelon agua fresca de sandia very soon with recipes from around the.! Try a spiked agua fresca, and elegant dinners alike case of edible,... Whether to strain the Mix into the blender then pour in the of! Before and it 's amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Few ingredients, quality it key translate them as “ coolers ” super... Both kids and adults loved it served very cold and with plenty of ice cubes of being refreshing or specially! Your blender more than two-thirds of the way full a boil a one-to-one ratio of sugar ) the! Much just water mixed with sugar and additional water are made with fruits dried. Is super easy to make a slushie cool down and hydrate I created this recipe card are... Juice and it is dissolved so if desired additional water agua fresca recipe watermelon I highly recommend this, our!

agua fresca recipe watermelon

Vornado Air Purifier, Bliss Chemical Exfoliator, Total Wine E Gift Card, Studio Apartment On Rent In Mumbai Without Brokerage, How To Start A Text Conversation With A Friend, Broken Rifle Symbol, 2x6 Or 2x8 For Deck Floor, Dark Souls 2 Can You Summon For Giant Lord,